Friends of La Posada raises money and serves as a liaison with the city of Carlsbad and with local businesses, church, community groups and individuals. We do all of this to assist the shelter, run by Catholic Charities, to provide the following services.
- Daily hot meals
- Clean clothing
- Clean bedding
- Mailing address
- 12 step AA sessions
- Medical referrals to local health providers
- Job referrals and assistance with employments leads
- Health and nutrition education training
- Case Management
- Toiletries for personal hygiene
- Safe and sober environment
- Bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities
- Educational/Training Opportunities for residents
North San Diego County
As income inequality continues to grow and the inventory of affordable housing and good paying jobs decline, we are seeing a crisis of people who cannot find stable housing and live independently. The only choice for many of our fellow human beings in this area is to sleep on the streets or, in the case of farm workers, sleep in the fields with all of its attendant dangers. La Posada is here to help them and Friends of La Posada supports the shelter in all that it does. We believe in the dignity, worth and humanity of every person and strive to ensure that all are treated equitably.